The BT Neck Eco was designed as an alternative to the classic Elizabethan collar (cone of shame), and neatly outperforms it by combining efficacy and the utmost in comfort. Its purpose is to prevent the dog or cat from biting and thus being able to remove stitches after surgery. It is also helpful in cases of obsessive-compulsive behaviors. The collar is made of black, breathable velour, and the inside is made of a more rigid fabric that keeps the pet from turning its neck far enough to reach any wounds. For dogs, it prevents licking areas on the chest, abdomen and flanks making it difficult to reach the areas close to the front paws (elbow to shoulder). It also protects the perianal area, which may have been involved in surgeries to remove glands, fistulas, etc. For cats, it should only be used after sterilization surgery on both males and females.
Easier to put on and wear and is less restrictive than the plastic cone (the dog can still eat and drink without difficulty).
- Breathable, but not waterproof, fabric.
- The brace can be worn before and after surgery.
- Excellent wearability.
- Hand washable.
SIZES - HOW TO TAKE MEASURES
Available in six adjustable sizes. To determine the proper size, measure the circumference of the dog’s neck with a measuring tape (measure at the midpoint of the neck).
|XS||25 - 35 cm|
|S||35 - 45 cm|
|M||45 - 55 cm|
|L||55 - 65 cm|
65 - 75 cm
HOW TO WEAR
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR USE
- The BT Neck Eco collar is not suited for hounds and bulldogs. The long necks of the former do not allow the collar to stay in place, while the short, thick neck of the bulldog does not allow for proper fit.
- For proper use, it is essential that the collar be tightened securely around the neck, to keep it from turning.
- During convalescence with BT Neck Eco, the dog can be taken for walks using either the collar itself or a harness.
- Over a 24-hour period, remove the collar for 1 to 2 hours.
- The collar is not recommended for use in the case of surgery to the front paws (from the elbow to the foot).